Monday, February 01, 2010

I'm sorry, but that place smelled NASTY

So! I got roped into going bowling on Saturday.

The LAST time I went bowling, around twenty-five years ago, was, well ...... I'm trying to think if "debacle" is too strong a word and the answer is "no".

But! A good time was had by all on Saturday, and I didn't throw TOO many gutter balls, and I wasn't the WORST bowler there, which is all I could ask for.

I do have to ask, though, do all bowling alleys smell like ........ blech? Because that bowling alley smelled bad. Like gym-locker bad.

Open a window, for Pete's sake!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the answer to your question is yes, they do all smell that bad. Once we saw a used band-aid laying around by the benches at our lane :(

Glad you had a good time regardless of the nastiness.

Heather said...

I've only been bowling twice and YES both times the smell was awful.

If you can get past the smell, bowling is fun exspecially with friends.

rockygrace said...

I don't think I could go back unless they get rid of that smell. I mean, I'm no delicate flower, but PLEASE. And the shoes .....