Tuesday, July 14, 2009

F*cking FINALLY

After weeks of wrangling with FEMA, the NFIP, and my insurance company, the flood vents have FINALLY been approved.

Hey, Fight Against Red Tape! Remember the big secret? This is it! Of course, it finally came to fruition TWO WEEKS after I thought the deal was done, but in the end all my painstaking flood vent research worked!

And instead of paying a thousand bucks a year *gulp* for flood insurance, I will be paying $429.00. For forty bucks worth of materials and a couple of hours of labor, I'm going to save almost $600.00 a year.

Whew.

Folks, I can usually roll with the punches as well as the next person, but this whole home-buying thing? Is a whole nother game. I actually had to go home sick yesterday, as my body finally started to collapse under all the stress.

Wake me when it's over, would ya?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I DO remember! Flood vents, eh? I've never heard of such a thing in my life! FEMA? NFIP?

I am so pleased that your research has gone so well and saving you $600!!! Brilliant!

So are you installing flood vents at your new house? Is that how it works?

rockygrace said...

Yep, the flood vents were installed at the new house. The house that I will be moving into, EVENTUALLY, if I can just get everybody's butts in gear to have a closing. *sigh*