Thursday, July 02, 2009

Not in a billion years

From The Associated Press:

"Despite a fractured collarbone, a teenage girl clung to the wreckage of a plane for more than 13 hours before rescuers found her floating in the Indian Ocean, authorities said. The only known survivor of the crash, she was being flown back to Paris on Wednesday night."

Um, hello ....... flown back to Paris?

Peeps, if I was the only survivor of a plane crash that killed 152 other people, and then I had to cling to wreckage for 13 f*cking hours waiting for help, you had better believe that I would never, ever, ever get on a plane again. Don't talk to me about how it's safer than traveling by car, what are the odds it would happen twice, blah blah blah, I would never, ever fly again. I probably wouldn't even be able to look at a picture of a plane, let alone fly on one.

Jeezus.

2 comments:

inflammatory writ said...

DUDE I KNOW. What the hell? The day I am in a plane crash and live is the day I say "You know? Maybe I am just NOT CUT OUT FOR TRAVEL". That poor kid.

Anonymous said...

Seriously. I do anything I can now to avoid flying. I think it's safe to say I'd use "I've been in a plane crash" as a pretty solid excuse.