Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Way My Mind Works

So, I was sitting here bemoaning the fact that it was dark out when I got up this morning, and it will be dark out again just a couple of hours after I get home from work. (I'm not even gonna mention the fact that it's currently 39 degrees out. That's just wrong.) And pretty soon, it will be dark out on my drive to work, and dark out on my way home.

And then I was thinking, I could handle the snow and the cold, if it just wasn't so damned DARK OUT all the time. And then, I was all, like, wait a minute. If we can do the Daylight Savings Time thingie in the summer, so it's still light out at nine at night, why can't we just do that all year round? Just keep jiggering the clocks so that it's light out later.

And then I realized, well, duh, all the clock-jiggering in the world isn't gonna change the fact that this part of the planet only gets about nine hours of daylight in the middle of winter. So while we could, technically, jigger the clocks so that it's light out at nine at night, that would mean that the sun would be coming up at about noon.

And then I realized that I'm an idiot.

*sigh*

No comments: