Thursday, October 16, 2008

Don't Lie To Me

So, I watched (some of) the debate last night. And as I was watching, I knew that the first thing I would do when I got to the office this morning was go to factcheck.org (thanks, Exador, for letting me know about that site) to see what was real and what was bullshit.


And some of what those guys were saying last night was bullshit. On both sides.


I know that McCain and Obama have advisers who help them formulate their platforms, their speeches, etc. And so someone probably said to McCain, "Hey, under Obama's plan, Joe the plumber's gonna have to pay a penalty if he doesn't insure his workers". Now. Did McCain not check to see if that was true, before he flung it out there last night? Because it wasn't true. And when Obama said that 100% of McCain's ads had been negative? Not true. And at one point during the campaign, Obama was actually running a higher percentage of attack ads than McCain.


Here's the thing. If these guys are just repeating what their advisors told them, without bothering to find out if it's true or not, that's disquieting. But if they KNOW that what they are saying is untrue, and they're saying it ANYWAY, that makes me furious.



I don't want to vote for a Lying McLiarPants.

1 comment:

3carnations said...

We would definitely be better off if the candidates spent more time giving us good information about themselves, rather than bad information about the other guy.