Friday, October 24, 2008

Ruh-Roh

It's Friday afternoon, and I just realized that my weekend plans are to ....... um ......... wait ....... I have no weekend plans.

I was going to rake leaves, but it's supposed to rain all day Saturday. Which means the leaves will still be soaking wet on Sunday, so ........ no raking leaves.

If it stops raining by Sunday, I could go for a walk ......... I guess.

I think I'll try a new scalloped potato recipe. (SUCH excitement! *sigh*) And I need to put that Artscape stuff on the bathroom window. Has anybody tried that? It's like stained glass film for your windows? I was reading the instructions last night, and I foretell an upcoming clusterfuck of enormous proportions.

I could try to get some more (picture) painting done, but I just don't know if I'm feeling it. Lack of talent is a great stifler of enthusiasm.



See, here's the thing. I'm one of those annoying people who must have plans. If I don't keep my time structured, I tend to get into trouble*. And the idea of an entire weekend of crappy weather and nothing to do .......... frankly, it's a little scary.



So! What are you doing this weekend? Any plans (that I could steal)?





*And by "trouble", I mean the wasting-half-a-day-at-the-mall-buying-bullshit-I-don't -need kind of trouble, NOT the heroin-and-crack kind of trouble. Sheesh! You guys!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have Artscape film on the side windows of our front porch to spare us the view of our neighbor when he goes out on his porch in the buff to get his morning paper. It went on easily. Use a credit card or other thick but bendy straight-edged piece of plastic to smoothe out the bubbles. I agree, though, that the instructions made it sound like a big pain in the ass. The good news is that it stays put without incident. Ours has been up for about four years and still looks good (no sun fading) and needs no maintenance aside from a damp rag wipedown every now and then.

rockygrace said...

You're right - it was much easier to install than I thought it would be. And I'm glad to know that it lasts, seeing as how one sheet set me back twenty bucks!