Wednesday, December 03, 2014

And in OTHER momentous news* ... NOW WITH UPDATES



I found out last night that the dude who hit-and-runned me did indeed have car insurance, which is accepting 100% liability and will pay the entire claim, including my deductible.  A total of $3,791.00.  Holy crap.

It's a Christmas miracle!  Ha.

I also got a copy of the police report, and turns out the dude was drunk.  At eleven o'clock in the morning. Yikes.

And now, for MORE momentous news* ... drum roll please ... Callie let me touch her.

Yes, this girl:





This feral foster girl, who has been in my house for a year and a half, and has resisted all efforts to be tamed, actually let me touch her last night.

Oh, there was a little subterfuge involved.  I put down her food bowl in front of her and she stayed (she usually runs away as soon as I put the bowl down and only comes back when I leave the room), and I reached my hand down and she stayed, and I touched her and she stayed.

The angels sang, I am telling you right now.

Of course, it'll prolly be another year and a half before she lets me do it again, but it counts.  It TOTALLY counts.  I touched her.

Another Christmas miracle.  They're everywhere, I'm tellin' ya.



UPDATED TO ADD:  Dudes, it just happened again - she let me touch her paw.  Now I'm freaked out because I think this cat is haunted.  There could be no other reason.


*you may or may not consider this news momentous. 



2 comments:

James P. said...

We DO consider it momentous. Great news.

rockygrace said...

Maybe she's not haunted - she's possessed. Ha. Call the Cat Exorcist!