Monday, December 01, 2014

Sunday in the Park with Rocky

Yesterday I had nine billion things to do, but the weather was warm (in the forties!  Holla!) so I headed for State Park.

Yeah, I was fairly confident that the beach would be closed:


and the lifeguard chairs have been stowed away:



and there may have been ice on the lakes:




But it was still a pretty day for a walk.






The cross-country skiers have taken over the golf course:




This oak tree wasn't ready to drop its leaves:


 A lot of the park pavilions were built by WPA workers in the thirties:






Check out this old fireplace - I think those picnic tables date from the thirties, too :)



 Save the ash trees!


 Well, look who's here:

 

She watched me for a while, then flipped her tail and left:






Watching from a safe distance:





Sunday in the park.  Not a bad day at all.