Thursday, December 04, 2014

Ain't got no time to mess around



I have a neighbor, Brian, who lives across the park from me.  I often see him when he's walking his dogs, and sometimes we stop and chat.  He's real friendly and likes to shoot the breeze.

In an odd twist, he also works in a building that is right across the street from my office building.  We wave to each other from our respective parking lots, and sometimes cross over the street to talk. 

I noticed this morning that his pickup hadn't been in his building's parking lot for a couple of days.  Hmm, I thought, that's odd.  Maybe he and his wife are on vacation.

I was paging through the paper while I had my morning office coffee and I noticed his name.

In the obits.

He died.  Last Saturday.  Unexpectedly.  At the age of 55.

Coincidentally, that was the same day I turned 52.

Don't know how to say this without sounding trite, but if you've got something you want to do, DO IT.  If you've got someplace you want to go, go there.  If you've got toxic people in your life, kick 'em out, and bring the people you love closer to you.

Ain't got no time to mess around.



No comments: