Friday, August 17, 2012

and she was

My sister-in-law passed away yesterday.


She was a fine, funny woman who never had a bad word to say about anyone. After her mother got Alzheimer's, she brought her mother into her own home for several years, with all that entails, and never complained. She sure did enjoy a beer or two once in a while, and once she'd had a couple, oh lord, she could tell a story, but she was so soft-spoken you really had to lean in to listen. She had two different colored eyes - one blue and one green. She was always in a good mood - I never saw her angry or heard her raise her voice. She and my brother, her husband, raised a beautiful, caring daughter. My brother loved her dearly. I'm not sure how long they'd been married, but it must have been over forty years.

Good-bye, Diane. I will never be as fine a person as you were. And I'll miss you dearly and remember you fondly.

6 comments:

Birdie said...

I am so sorry. Cancer is such a bitch. Hugs to you.

Zella said...

My condolences & a hug

Becs said...

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

James P. said...

What a nice tribute to her.

Ginny

Laura said...

Hoping your family finds peace.

rockygrace said...

Thanks, guys.