Saturday, March 03, 2012

hahahaha GONER

So, I went to see a lady about some rescued trailer cats .... I was going to just look at the cats, take a few pics, and tell her that I'd keep the cats in mind. Then I met this dude ...






Yeah, I was gone. Hook, line and sinker.


This is Goldie. He is supposedly about a year old, although he's about the size of a six-month-old, probably thanks to his rough start. He's got a gunked up eye and he's quite scrawny and holy hell I fell in love.







Goldie had bonded with one of the other trailer cats. Meet Coby:





Coby is supposedly about six months old. He has one cloudy eye that was scratched up in a fight with another trailer pet. The rescue group's vet says that while it will probably never improve, it shouldn't get worse, and he's learned to compensate for it.


Coby? Is all teeth and claws.




I'm hoping it's just a kitten phase. *cough*

And Goldie loves him, and that's that, and once they've been neutered and had all their shots, hopefully in about two weeks, they'll be coming home with me. And the floor is now open for suggestions on new names.


Jeez, it was just going to be a simple ride out to look at some cats ....

6 comments:

Becs said...

Hahahahaha. Sucker.

I have been pining for an orange male cat for a couple of years now. I had one that Xman would not let me take with me. The cat's name was Saffron. Lately, I've been in a phase where I want to name every animal "Charlie".

the queen said...

A nod must be made to the swirly pattern on the orange cat. Cappucino? Dreamsicle? Burled walnut?

Zazzu said...

They're both beautiful and will get more so because you'll take fab care of them. You're an angel for adopting kitties who need a home.

We know those kitties are in for some serious spoiling. :)

rockygrace said...

Becs, there's something special about the orange ones. Crazy, but special.

and queen, I laughed at the idea of naming a cat "Burled Walnut", until I was thinking, well, I could call him B.W. for short. And then, well, B.W. were my dad's first and middle inititals, and some people called him B.W., so suddenly it didn't seem so silly after all.

and Zazzu, I'm blushing ...

Laura said...

Coby really looks more like an Apollo Creed.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.97102.1313903356!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/gallery_635/image.jpg

rockygrace said...

Shoot, Laura, I can't access that link. I'll have to take your word for it ...