Sunday, March 18, 2012

Clean-up on Aisle 7!

Yesterday we had one of our adoption events at the local Agway. This time we were trying to adopt out some of our older cats, which is a hard row to hoe, but hey, we try.ki32j. That series of letters is courtesy of Coby, who just walked across the keyboard. Thank you, Coby!

So we were talking to people and showing the cats and handing out pamphlets when it happened. A dude down the aisle reached for some screws and somehow managed to stick his head into a display of giant wind chimes.

DONG DONG DONG CLANG CLANG CHIME CHIME CHIME DONG DONG DONG

And the poor bastard could not get his head out. I mean, these chimes were huge, like, four feet tall, and there was a whole bunch of them, and the guy got tangled in the support wires and

I WAS TRYING NOT TO LAUGH, and mostly succeeding, when one of the other volunteers? Lost it.

HAW HAW HAW HAW *snort* HAW HAW HAW HAW

and that was it. As employees rushed over to help the dude out and customers craned their necks to see what all that CHIMING was about, I turned away and laughed until I cried. And then I laughed some more.

And I hope that poor dude knows that whenever I think of him, and I am sure I will, it will be with laughter. Because I'm not sure I have ever witnessed a finer piece of public slapstick than I did yesterday.

Thanks, dude!

2 comments:

Zazzu said...

Well, we all do dumb stuff sometimes but this guy was clearly abusing the privilege. I may have helped him escape. I DEFINITELY would have laughed at him.

I wonder if tangled-guy himself thought it was funny? If not, I feel sorry for him.

rockygrace said...

Zazzu, I sure hope he thought it was funny. The rest of us did.

And I have performed some pretty spectacular public pratfalls myself. I hope people were laughing, and not, like, cringing for me.