Monday, April 11, 2011

Bye-bye now, winter

... and don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.


Things that are coming up in my garden(s):


Bluebells!


Bleeding heart


Lily-of-the-Valley


Daffofils


Hyacinths


Chives


Tiger lilies


Weeping cherry


Foxgloves


Lungwort


Sweet william


Phlox


Columbine


Lupine


Globe flowers


Colts-foot (feet?)


and skunk cabbage by the creek



Dude! I think winter is maybe, truly, FINALLY over. Saturday night I was on the phone with Texas, and I kept hearing something outside. Some ... noise. I was all, like, "What the hell IS that?", and I opened up the window, and ...


PEEEEEEEEPERS!


The spring peepers are back! I made Texas listen over the phone, to the first real sign of spring. I even slept with a window open last night, so that every time I woke up, I'd hear the peepers calling away.


Ah, peepers. I'm SO GLAD you're back.

2 comments:

Fish Food said...

Lovely! I am glad your winter is finally OVER!

It's so exciting when stuff starts popping up. I just love it! I've started digging to extend one of my flower beds - I'd forgotten how hard that clay soil is!

Lots of pictures of your garden, please!

rockygrace said...

Oh, Fish, as soon as stuff starts to bloom, you KNOW I'll be out there with the camera!