Monday, May 03, 2010

You better think .......

...... is what I told the lawn mower on Saturday afternoon when it conked out. I left it alone to peruse its options, and when I went back an hour later it started back up. Wise choice.

Other random weekend stuff:

When you've got a bad shoulder, it's probably not the best idea in the world to spend two hours up on a ladder with your arms over your head caulking the gutters.

On the other hand, if it will stop the damn gutters from leaking, it's worth it.

The locksmith showed up! Hallelujah! Now all the locks are keyed the same, which is like a miracle, until of course I lose the key, at which time it will suck. (Yes, I did have him give me a couple extra copies. Thanks for asking.)

Painting window frames takes about five times as long as you think it will. As far as that goes, ANY type of home repair takes about five times as long as you think it will. At least.

Wasps do not like to have their nests moved. Bite it, wasps. You're not nesting on my window frames. Be thankful I didn't bust out the Raid.

Little Girl got her first (that I know of) snake on Saturday. On Sunday, she got her second. I'm sensing an ominous trend here.

The same Little Girl who hunts down snakes is scared of the ceiling fans. And The Runt is terrified of the ceiling fans. It's gonna be a hot summer if I can't get them past this.

I saw a barn owl yesterday, which was very cool.

The trilliums are blooming:





Oh yeah, which way are ceiling fans supposed to turn in the summer? Clockwise or counter-clockwise? I know you're supposed to run them one way when it's hot, and the other way when it's cold, but I don't know which is which.

Of course, it won't matter much, if the cats keep hitting the floor like they're being strafed by the Luftwaffe every time I turn the damn things on.

3 comments:

~~Silk said...

In winter you want to push the hot air down from the ceiling (hot air rises) and in summer you want to pull the air up. But actually, in small rooms it doesn't matter, since all the air is likely the same temperature anyway, and all you really want is air movement. Do whatever feels best.

rockygrace said...

It seems like I'd be cooler with the air blowing on me, but if it's HOT air, maybe not. Hmmm.

Heather said...

No advice on ceiling fans, never have had one.
Wow you have been real busy! Painting, caulking, making the wasps mad and getting that locksmith to finally show up!
Good kitty!! Kill all the snakes, but be careful!
Love owls and that plant is real neat.