Wednesday, May 19, 2010

F*ck tha gutters

I tried caulking the gutters. I tried taping the gutters. I tried taping over the caulk, and STILL the gutter seams all leak.

Arrrrrgggghhhhhhh.

Screw it. Let 'em drip. A couple of giant tree limbs came down on top of the shed last night, so I've got bigger fish to fry, anyway.

Am I the only one who loves this commercial?:





I watched it about 15 times before I even realized what the commercial was for. I wish I was the person who came up with this - it's genius.

Updated to add: On the way to work this morning, that Lady Gaga song Bad Romance was on the radio, and now it's ricocheting around my brain and driving me crazy. I can't stand Lady Gaga. And then I learned all about the Budd Dwyer suicide on Mental Floss and went to youtube to watch the video, which makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My kid especially loves this commercial. She didn't recognize the song -- guessed it was Stephen Sondheim from the intervals, but it's from Willy Wonka -- but now she goes around the house singing it.

rockygrace said...

She guessed Sondheim - how old IS that kid, thirty?! :)

Seriously, if it was Sondheim, Gene would've been singing about "simple desecration" or "quiet desperation" instead of "pure imagination".

Unknown said...

She thought it might be from the first act of "Into the Woods" because it was happy...none of his other music is happy.

We're a full-spectrum musical household around here...Bizet to Beyonce.

My captcha word is "umsure." As in, um, sure, I guess?