Thursday, May 20, 2010

Movie Review: Orphan

Hahahahahahaha ...... I wish I could say this one was so bad it's good, but .... no. It's just bad.



"Orphan" is about a couple who adopt a little Russian girl with ....... ooooooohhh ......... a deep secret, and the whole thing is just so bad it's reedonkulus. This piece of crap actually got some good reviews on IMDB, which is pretty much mystifying.



So! You can skip "Orphan". If you want to watch a "bad kid" movie, try "The Bad Seed" from the fifties - that one's actually pretty good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen The Bad Seed! That's the one with the creepy blonde girl with braids, right? I think there was a remake of it in the 80s or early 90s also.

Yeah, Orphan was terrible. My father-in-law thought it was pretty creepy, so he put it on for us to watch when we visited. That kitchen sex scene with the parents came on during our breakfast. At my in-laws' house. That was more traumatizing than the plot itself.

Heather said...

Never heard of it, but thanks for the warning! Your right the "Bad Seed" was a good movie.

rockygrace said...

Yeah, Kate, "Bad Seed" has the girl with the braids. Who murders the groundskeeper and a bunch of other people I can't remember right now.

And your inlaws watch scary movies during breakfast? THAT'S scary. :)

Heather, yeah, don't waste a spot in your Netflix queue.