Friday, May 07, 2010

We interrupt the regularly scheduled Freaky Friday to bring you ....

............ FIRE!


This was the scene in the park last night:









The view out my front (screen) door:






A brush fire started down by the creek - I suspect the local kids who sneak down there to smoke may have played a part, but it's hard tellin'.



The fire company was there for a good two hours. They finally took in a backhoe to do ...... something. Not sure. I was a little nervous when they left, because the fine local volunteer firemen have a history of ..... well ...... not completely extinguishing fires; often, local fires tend to start back up a few hours after the firemen leave, but all was well this morning.



Let's see. So far at the new place I've had a flood and now a fire. What's next? DON'T ASK.

4 comments:

Fish Food said...

Plague of frogs is next I reckon.

Unknown said...

I was going to venture the locusts were next, but plague of frogs is a good bet too.

Heather said...

I would have been a nervous wreck and unable to sleep worrying about the potential fire flaring up again.

Them kids probably won't ever get punished.

rockygrace said...

All I can think of now is the ending of "Magnolia", with the frogs raining down.

Heather, my next-door neighbors told me about the time their kids (now grown) started a fire in almost the exact same spot trying to roast hot dogs, so I can't get too mad at this new crop of fire-starters. I don't think they meant to do it. :)