Monday, September 11, 2006

What?! You can't move!

My neighbor Bill is moving at the end of next month. We live in a four unit apartment building, two up and two down, and Bill lives in the apartment next to mine on the second floor. He has been a super neighbor, never noisy, we traded cat-sitting duties, etc. I am terrified that he is moving, because God only knows who will move into his apartment. The current owners of the building are absentee landlords and the new building supervisor never returns my calls, and I am terrified that they will let trashy/noisy/yucky people move in. I love my building and I don't want to move, but I am not ready to have to deal with new neighbors! I have had some real losers for neighbors in the past - one even broke into my apartment to use my phone to call 1-800-sex numbers, and then threatened to kill me when I found out and called the police!
I hope my new neighbors are nice - knock on wood!

No comments: