Monday, September 18, 2006

TIB

When I got home from work on Friday, there was a note in my mailbox from my sister The Insane Bitch (TIB). She had received a coupon for 25% off at Michael's and passed it on to me, knowing that I shopped there. She actually did a nice thing for me that she actually had to go out of her way to do! Weird. I called & thanked her & she was very nice. Weirder.
When I went up there the weekend before to pick Mom up for a walk, TIB & her husband D said that Mom had been giving them a hard time, being very rude to D. So I asked her about it and she basically denied saying anything rude, etc. D & I talked about it when Mom & I got back, and D said he was just glad that Mom wasn't mad at him about something. Sometimes I don't think Mom realizes how mean she can sound; it's so weird because before the Alzheimer's, she was the nicest, meekest person on the planet. Sarcasm does not become her. I asked her if she wanted to try going on anti-depressants and she said no. D & I discussed putting her on them anyway and just not telling her what they were. It's awful to have to do stuff like that to your own Mom. I wish she never got Alzheimer's. She is also obsessed with the idea that someone (TIB & D, their daughter, etc.) is going to take the cottage away from her. No matter how many times I tell her it isn't so (and it really isn't; nobody wants that cottage), she refuses to believe it. This whole thing is just so sad.

No comments: