Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Cloud Chair

After I finished the zebra, I wanted something else big to work on. I bought an old wooden dining room chair at the Sal Army, and painted it blue with white clouds. I put some lines of poetry from "High Flight" on it (Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth .....). It looks pretty cool. I'll post photos once I get some more film developed. I just don't know where to put it; my apartment is really small. Maybe I'll leave it out on the back porch for now. I'll have to have an "art yard sale" in the spring if I keep going at this rate! Anyway, it will be getting too cold to paint outside real shortly (I prefer to do the big stuff outside; it was a snot getting that zebra in the kitchen!), so I guess I'll go back to flat paintings for the winter. I took a 4 x 6 photo of some gladioli in my garden and had it blown up to 16 x 20 at Walmart - it came out really, really good and only cost $13.00!
I don't know how much longer I'll keep going on this "artistic" streak, but it's loads of fun for now!

No comments: