Friday, September 29, 2006

I got a raise!

I got a raise yesterday! Several months ago, when Kevin was leaving for greener pastures, John gave Eric and J 10% raises because they would be shouldering more of the load. Yesterday, John told me to give Eric another 10% raise (I do the payroll). I literally gasped, my jaw literally dropped, and John turned around and left as fast as possible because he knew I was pissed off. The last raise I got, 5%, was a year and a half ago!
I almost got my coat and left, I was so upset. I tried to work, but I was literally shaking I was so mad, so I went outside to have a cigarette. John followed me out & lit up too, and I said, "Can I ask you a question?" He said "Of course", and I said, "Why do the guys keep getting these big raises and I don't? Is my work not up to par?" He said, "Of course you do great work, you know that. When's the last time you got a raise?" I said, "A year and a half ago." He said, "Didn't you get a raise the last time (meaning, I assume, when Eric and J got theirs)", and I said, "No". He said, "How much do you make an hour?" I told him, and he told me to raise it to X amount, which equates to an 11% raise. Yay! I just hate that I have to practically beg for my raises, when the guys get theirs handed to them.

No comments: