Friday, September 01, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

So this is Labor Day weekend, and it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow. Heavy rain. High winds. Sigh.
I haven't had a date in five (5) years. I am good looking, single, no kids, friendly. No dates in five years. Of course, I don't exactly "put myself out there". I don't like bars because I like to drink and I don't want to drive home drunk. Also, the idea of walking into a bar alone is not pleasant to me. All my friends moved elsewhere for jobs - does anybody else have that problem? and now it's just me holding down the home front (sniff). How do you make new friends when you're not a kid anymore (I am in my early forties but still clean up real well). There are singles clubs around, but I heard they are mostly meat markets. How do I make girl friends, let alone guy friends? Any ideas?
So I do lots of painting, art projects, etc. Right now I have an old kid's rocking horse on springs that I bought at a garage sale & am turning into a zebra. It currently looks more like a referee, but I hope it'll look cool when I'm done. I might leave it on the springs and put it in the garden, or I might take it off the springs and keep it inside or on the back deck. Not sure yet.
Hope it doesn't rain all day tomorrow.
I am debating whether to go after work & buy a pair of sandals I have been admiring. Was $30.00, then $15.00, now $9.97. Really, really cute but I don't need another pair of sandals, and I really need to stop spending money. I keep telling myself to create, not consume, but it's hard. And $10.00 is a lot for one pair of sandals - I usually buy mine at the thrift store for a couple of bucks. Actually, all my clothes (almost) come from the thrift store.

No comments: