Wednesday, September 06, 2006

They shorted my pills

OK, so I am on Lamisil for three months. You know, those disgusting TV commercials where bugs dig under toenails? That's Lamisil. Be aware that if you have no prescription coverage, this medicine will set you back between $900.00 and $1,400.00 for a three month supply, which is the length of treatment. (No, I'm not rich, I do have insurance, albeit crappy insurance. My share is coming to around $220.00).
OK, so I took my pill last night, looked in the bottle, and realized there were fewer pills left than there should be. When I counted, I discovered that I was seven pills short. I called the pharmacy and they told me to bring the bottle in. I was afraid I might get some sort of fight, I mean, these things are like $12.00 a pill, and I was short seven of them. But I went in, the pharmacist took the bottle, plopped seven more Lamisil pills in it, and handed it back. I'm really glad, but it made me a little uneasy - I mean, don't they even have to check the computer or something? Don't they keep records of how much of each pill they dish out?
But I'm glad I got the pills.

No comments: