Friday, September 15, 2006

Survivor

Watched the first episode of the new Survivor last night where teams are separated by race. It seemed to really reinforce stereotypes - the whites are dumb jerks, the Asians use "ancient chinese medicine" crap to heal a migraine, and the black guy is fat and lazy. My favorite part is when the fat black guy is trying to talk his way out of being voted out, and he says to one of the black women, "If you kick me out, you won't have no fire - I'm the only one who knows how to make fire!" and the black woman says, "You haven't made no fire yet!" which is true, he had tried but not succeeded. So he retorts, "But I will learn how to make fire, and then you'll miss me, cause you won't have no fire!" Classic!
I think next time, they should sort them into groups by IQ.

No comments: