Wednesday, September 27, 2006

IQ as related to TV volume

One of the things I do at work is answer the phones, which have been ringing off the hook since I walked in the door this morning. The company I work for does business with other companies, government agencies, etc., and we also do residential work, so I take a lot of calls from "civilians", i.e., people at home. I have noticed that the louder the volume of the TV in the background, the less intelligent the caller seems to be. The other day someone called, and "The Young and the Restless" was playing so loud, I could barely hear the caller over the sound of Katherine and Jill debating the sale of Jabot. This morning a man called, and the game show in the background was so loud I had a hard time taking a message.
I don't know about you, but when I'm at home and about to make a call, I hit "mute" on the TV remote.

No comments: