Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Neighbors, Cont'd.

A girl named Kelly once moved in next door. Half of her hillbilly family promptly followed, into her one-bedroom apartment. One little girl proudly announced upon meeting me that she didn't have to go to school because she had head lice! They also had a dog (strictly prohibited), which they chained to a tree in the back yard just far enough from the stairs so that the dog could bark, growl and lunge at me, but not quite reach me to bite me, every time I went up or down the stairs. When yet another person joined the crowd, Kelly decided he could sleep in the (unfinished) attic, and put a kerosene heater up there to keep him warm (strictly prohibited). One night right before Christmas I was watching TV when I heard this awful crash and went into the hallway, where I discovered this guy's legs dangling from my ceiling! He had been poking around on my side of the attic (strictly prohibited) - and laughed when I started screaming at him. They kept a broken down ATV chained to the bottom of the stairs, and actually started building some sort of half-assed garage out front, directly in front of the downstairs neighbor's living room window.
Kelly just couldn't understand why she got kicked out.

No comments: