Thursday, September 21, 2006

Walmart

So I had to stop at Walmart after work the other night. I really didn't want to, but I'd put it off so long I was down to the last squirt of toothpaste. I am really conflicted about Walmart; on the one hand, you can't beat their prices, and let's face it, anything you could ever possibly need is sold there. I bought an entire Tiramisu cake for, like, $7.00. Tiramisu is the best dessert on the planet; it's like crack, it's so addictive. On the other hand, Walmart is always crowded with really obnoxious stupid ugly fat people. Here's a great example:
My niece's friend went to Walmart a while back with her kids. There was a woman in the store with small children who was loudly cursing up a storm; lots of people noticed her and were not happy about their kids having to listen to that language. So my niece's friend asked her politely to tone it down, at which point the woman told her where to go. So my niece's friend, who is no shrinking violet, said, "Why don't you go back to the trailer park with the rest of the trash" and walked away. Granted, not very mature, but it must have been very satisfying.
So my niece's friend finishes her shopping, pays, and walks out of the store, where the woman is waiting for her! The woman makes some kind of comment like, "as a matter of fact, I am from a trailer park, but I'm not trash", and punches my niece's friend right in the face! Knocked her out cold, broke her nose, etc. While their kids stood and watched.
That's Walmart clientele for you.

No comments: