Saturday, October 27, 2012

Work sucked, and so I bought a horse on my lunch break

Thursday night, I stopped by the thrift store after work.  There was a child's ride-on horse there, one of those big plastic ones on metal springs.  The kind they don't make any more because kids either fall off and give themselves concussions (raises hand), or get their fingers caught in the springs.

Years ago, I bought one and turned it into Mr. Z.  And then I bought a smaller one, Mini-Z, who has remained a horse.  And when I saw that one at the thrift store Thursday night, a pinto no less, I almost bought it.  But it was twenty bucks, and I wasn't sure, and

and then I got to work yesterday and work sucked.  Extremely busy, which is not terrible in and of itself, but my boss and one of my co-workers were screaming at each other, and I was tired because Tinks had been out all night the night before, and I was worrying about the FRANKENBURGERMEISTER STORM that is going to KILL US ALL, and I kept thinking of that horse in the thrift store, and how awesome he would look all cleaned up, and

I bought the horse on my lunch break.  Meet Blaze.


(No, I did not name him.  I NEVER GET TO NAME ANYTHING.) (His name  is printed on his saddle.)

This afternoon I washed him up and put a coat of varnish on him and I'm pretty sure he's going in my side garden.  COME ON OVER TO MY PLACE, GUYS.  IT'S AWESOME.

Other things I did today:

Painted some faded pink flamingos blue.  Because obviously.

Raked some leaves.


Can you spot the cat in that pic?  Hint:  Look for the ringtail.

Duct-taped back together the seat belt latch I had managed to hulk-smash the night before.  Sadly, the duct tape did not magically fix the smashed-beyond-repair latch, so add that to the list of things-I-will-spend-money-on-never.  Hey, it's in the back seat.  Nobody sits back there anyway.

Went for a nice long walk.  I was doing one of the tougher trails, and was pretty impressed with myself, until I saw a woman doing the exact same trail while walking a spastic pug and drinking a cup of coffee.  Now THAT's  impressive.

Ran into my ex-husband's sister.  Seeing as how I haven't seen any of his family since I left him, over twenty years ago, THAT was awkward.  And I'd just done a four-mile walk, so I wasn't exactly looking glamtastic, but then again, I'm pretty sure I STILL looked better than I did by the time  I walked out of that marriage, so there's that.

Started some laundry.

And  now it's time for a beer.  Join me,  would ya?


4 comments:

Domestic Kate said...

I am joining you in a beer! I kind of want to wander around your house now. I had no idea you had horse rides hanging around.

BTW, I think Blaze should be the name of the saddle, not the horse. Ooh! Maybe it's the horse's last name! That's it. Name away, my friend.

rockygrace said...

Cheers, Kate!

Anonymous said...

Bring him inside before Sandy hits or he might turn into a flying horse...

-bridgett

rockygrace said...

Got it, bridgett.

I moved all of the giant rats out of the yard yesterday as well. Not sure if they'll make it back up for Halloween - guess it depends on when the wind dies down.