Monday, October 29, 2012

How's everybody doing?

So far, so good, here.  It's started raining, just a little bit, and the wind has picked up, just a little bit.  Evidently the worst of it is going to be tonight (WHY DO THESE THINGS ALWAYS COME AT NIGHT?), but as long as things stay as currently predicted, the cats and I will be okay.

and all day long, "Sandy" from Grease has been running through my head.  Except, I can only remember one line of it, so

"Oh Sandy BAY-AY-BEEEEEE, SO-UM-DAY, when HI-EYE-SCHOOL is through ..."

is on repeat.  Charming.

And I CANNOT decide whether to pull the car into the garage tonight or not.  For some reason, I keep having this vision of pulling the car in, and then, like, a tree limb comes down across the garage door, and then I need to leave but I can't get the garage door open to get the car out ... Gah. 

They (yes, "they". the infamous "they") are closing the roads at four, so hopefully I'll be able to skeet out of work early in order to go home, flip on the TV,  and compulsively watch the local weather forecast, over and over and over.  Fun!

Good luck, everybody.  See you tomorrow.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything's fine here. Finished my pre-storm baking about three hours ago and have a big stock of Marvel superhero movies to keep the kid entertained. Crockpot of chili, check. We're getting some wind (20mph gusts) but no rain yet.

Stay dry!

- Bridgett

fmcgmccllc said...

What do you mean, you hope you can leave early because they are shutting down the roads. None of you are supposed to be out and about according to the Gov and all the rest of the powers that be, including Jim Cantore.

Oh, hell to the no.

Does your insurance cover you when you work in these conditions?

Get that painted pony inside and hide, hide, hide.

Becs said...

See you later. I'm camping out at Bridgett's house.

Um, Bridgett, where do you live?

Anonymous said...

Upstate -- in Albany, ground zero for tax hikes, perpetually tanned politicians, and drunken college riots. It ain't much, but it's home. Winds are now gusting a little more heavily, but the power's still on.

rockygrace said...

fmcetc., I know this is going to make me look like the village idiot, but who's Jim Cantore?

bridgett, I agree with Becs - I'm heading to your place for some chili.

Update: I'm home, the car's in the garage, and the cats are (unhappily) shut inside. (Soda and Pony are currently duking it out for ownership of an empty beer case.) Looks like flooding's off the table where I am, but wind is going to be a major issue. Those old locust trees out front - well, I wouldn't be heartbroken if those came down (as long as they don't land on the house.) (I guess I should go see what my insurance deductible is.)

Becs, ~~Silk, and everyone else - stay safe.

Childminder No 1 said...

Rocky... hope you're (all) OK and there's only 'a bit' of rain!

We've got drizzle here - you're all welcome for chilli!

Take care!

Pauline

rockygrace said...

Pauline! Long time no see!

It's now Tuesday morning, and I'm fine - I hope everybody else is okay as well.

fmcgmccllc said...

Meteorologist and self proclaimed weather geek. Works for the weather channel. If he shows up in your town, be afraid, be very afraid.

Becs said...

Hey I'm ok. No power. But no wind damage. Lots of downed trees tho.

rockygrace said...

fmcetc., I guess I don't watch enough Weather Channel.

and Becs, I am so glad you're safe!