Thursday, October 11, 2012

Soda and the deer



Okay, first off, I used my new phone app to take these pics.  It's call "Blurrogram".

Seriously?  It was just barely dawn, and I didn't dare use a flash, and I was taking these pics through the screened kitchen window.  So sue me.

I had a whole HERD of deer in my backyard first thing the other morning.  Usually the cats and the deer just ignore each other, but on that particular morning?  Sodapop decided he was going to get him some venison.

Sodapop is to the left of the tree, at the base of the neighbor's shrub, and the deer is just to the right of the tree.  They've both got their ears pricked up and are investigating each other:


Sodapop moves in closer, looking behind him for brotherly reinforcements ("Dudes?  DUDES!  Get over here!"), as the deer ALSO moves in closer, hoping to get a sniff of this strange creature:



Right after this pic was snapped, both deer and cat decided that discretion was the better part of valor, and they headed off in different directions.  Whew!  It's bad enough when Soda brings MICE in the house ...

1 comment:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

LOL!! your last statement just left me with the mental image of a cat dragging home a deer carcass and trying to get it through the cat door.

I can laugh because my cat once dragged home a way too dead for him to have killed seagull..