1. People will sell out for an amazingly small amount of money and/or fame.
2. There are a lot of drama queens out there. A LOT.
3. See also: Hypochondriacs. Holy macaroni.
4. People are often not what they seem.
5. There are an awful lot of bloggers who think they can write a book. Well, sure, they can write it, but will it be any good? Results vary, here.
6. There are entire sites dedicated to ripping apart other sites. (Yes, I KNOW I did a post about Dooce's divorce. It was ONE POST, people, not an entire website.) So be aware that whatever you put out there, someone may mock it or laugh at it or tear into it. Publicly. It's all fair game in blogland. (See: My Dooce post, which is STILL getting vicious comments. *sigh*)
7. There are some amazingly talented bloggers out there. People whose blogs put my little blog to shame. Does that mean I'm gonna stop writing? HELL NO.
How about you? Anything you've learned in the mighty Land of Blog? Oh! And I could use a little help, here. I'm always looking for new stuff to read, so if you know of a really great blog, including your own, feel free to pimp it in the comments. A favorite recent find of mine is Simian Idiot. How about you - Are you reading (or writing) any good stuff? Enquiring minds want to know.