Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend Update

Looking at the post title, "Weekend Update", makes me think of Saturday Night Live. Does anyone besides me remember when that show was actually funny? Now, you could take a whole season, condense it down to funny, and it would maybe equal one hour.

Also not funny? I just spent like fifteen minutes typing a post, and then something happened, and then the whole thing just ...... disappeared. So what we have here is a totally re-created, not-quite-fresh post!

I did a lot of walking this weekend. Saturday I picked up Mom and we went up to Jones Park, where there was still snow on the ground from Monday's storm.

So we were walking down a trail, and we heard what sounded like turkeys gobbling up ahead, so we were all like "sneaky, sneaky walking" to get closer and see the turkeys. And we came across a shallow pool of water, and there were no turkeys, but we heard some "ploink, ploink" noises into the pool, and then silence. Gobbling frogs? Frog gobblers? Ya got me.

And we were walking along, and I saw a deer running through the woods, and it looked like it was going to cross the trail ahead of us, so I pointed it out to Mom, and sure enough, it crossed right in front of us, and we were all "ooh, pretty", and then came the dog that was chasing the deer. It came charging up out of the creek, saw us, skidded to a halt, and started barking its head off, and it was all crouched down in attack position, and the hackles on the back of its neck were raised, and it was barking so hard drool was flinging out of its mouth, and did I mention I was scared? Oh my God. It was a black Lab, which are usually nice dogs, and it had tags on, but I swear all I could think of was Cujo. As in, rabid dog. I looked away from the dog, said to Mom, "keep walking", and kept walking. And I was so sure that one of us was going to get chomped on at any minute. Wah! Mom was cool about it, but I was scared to death. Cause I'm a baby.

Saturday afternoon I took the charcoal grill off Mr. Z and set him in the garden. Here is a picture of Mr. Z.















Oops! Here comes my boss! Gotta run!

No comments: