Friday, April 20, 2007

If I Had a Million Dollars

If I had a million dollars, I'd move someplace warmer. Not hot hot, like Florida, just someplace warmer where it only snows a couple of times a year, as opposed to here, where snow season starts in October and ends in May.

I'd buy a couple hundred acres of land, and plop my house right in the middle (well, okay, maybe closer to the road). No noisy neighbors. The property would have a stream on it where I could splash around on hot days. I'd also have an in-ground pool, just because I could. Lots of yard around the house to put in gardens. A big wrap-around covered porch where I could sit and read on rainy days. I'd leave most of the property wooded, so I could walk around in the woods when I wanted to.

I'd keep working, of course, because I think I just spent the million bucks, and plus, I'd go crazy if I didn't have something to do every day.

Sigh.

3 comments:

Poetry Echoes said...

You mean you'd put the house AWAY from the road, right??

bridgett said...

I was saying this to my husband just yesterday. The older I get, the less I want to wait and wait for the three decent months of the year where I can be outside doing what I like to do. I never used to understand the whole snowbird mentality, but I do now.

rockygrace said...

Kerri, I guess what I meant was that instead of having a mile-long driveway, I'd put the house closer to the road as opposed to in the middle of the property. Do I make sense yet? (I know, I know, probably not.) And Bridgett, the weather guy on the news Saturday night announced that the temp had reached 70 that day for the first time since last October 9, more than 6 months ago! Let me outta here .......