Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend Update Part Deux

So, after I got Mr. Z set up Saturday, I spent some time weeding the garden. There is this weird, low-ground-cover weedy plant that would gladly take over my garden if I let it, so I pulled a bunch of that up. Then I spent some quality time with some beer on the back deck.

Sunday morning I went up to Chenango Valley State Park and walked the towpath to the old canal lock and back. (I know, I know, this is all just terribly exciting, isn't it?) And it was Turtle Day! Every spring, the first warm couple of days, all the turtles come up out of the mud and climb up on logs and stuff to bask in the sun. And if I am out walking on one of those days, it becomes Turtle Day! Because I love turtles. And I'm so original. I mean, Turtle Day! Who'd a thunk it?

So. Lots of Turtles! Which I love! I also saw a pileated woodpecker, and I heard it call, and another one called back. So there's at least two. Cool! I also saw a deer carcass. All that remained was the skull, spine, ribcage, and lots and lots of deer fur. (Do deer have hair or fur?) A guy walking by said coyotes probably got it. So Saturday I met up with Cujo, and Sunday I was in coyote country. Yay!

The weather was so nice I actually sunburned the back of my neck. Which got me wondering. All the moles I have had removed, they have almost all been on my back or my stomach, areas which see very little or no sun. And the areas that get sun all the time - arms, legs, face? No bad moles. Hmm.

I've had to call Jabba twice in the last few days to tell him to TURN DOWN THE TV. This thing just keeps dragging on and on.

Sunday afternoon I was once again enjoying quality time with some beer on the back deck when I grabbed my watercolors and did a pic of the neighbor's pine tree. And it was lots of fun to paint outside. I kinda figured it would be, but around here, you know, here where it can go six months between hitting 70, I had to wait to find out.

Oh yeah, does anybody have any splinter removal advice? That does not involve needles or knives? I've got a lulu in the palm of my hand. Good times!

2 comments:

Poetry Echoes said...

Soak your hand (easily done while holding a beer in the other), and the lulu will come out much easier, and probably nearly pain-free!

rockygrace said...

Um .... "come out" how? Just slide out all on its own? Or do I need to dig it out (shiver)?