Monday, April 30, 2007

I Am Easily Swayed

I went to the mall this weekend, but only for the Orchid Show. I was just going to pop in the mall, look at all the orchids, swing by Sears to check out their digital camera prices, and then head right back out again.

Um ......... yeah. In between Sears and the Orchid Show was a store that had put a 20% off coupon in the paper that morning. And so began the torture of the sneakers.

I love shoes. I really have a thing for shoes. Especially funky, original-looking shoes. Right now I am gluing flower fabric onto a boring pair of shoes to make them cooler. So, I stopped at the store with the 20% off coupon, and discovered this really, really cute pair of slip-on sneakers with a kind of pink patchwork fabric. Words cannot describe how cute these sneaks were. But, even with the coupon, they would still be over ten bucks. Ten bucks?! For a pair of shoes?! Never! (I buy most of my shoes at thrift stores. Which may be why I got that funny foot infection, but anyway .....)

So I am in the store trying on the sneaks and agonizing over spending ten bucks for a pair of sneaks that, technically speaking, I did not need, when another shopper (or possibly, now that I think of it, an employee who was not wearing a name tag) walked by, stopped, and said, "Oh, those are so cute on you! And the color matches your jacket! Oh, you are going to buy them, aren't you? They're so cute!"

Yep. I bought the sneaks. But they really are cute.

2 comments:

Exador said...

You know, when I first saw that headline, I thought it said,
"I am Easily Shaved"
and I thought, "now this ought to be good".

Ahhh, dyslexia can be fun.

rockygrace said...

Sorry to disappoint!