Friday, September 02, 2011

Blacktop Watch: Day "This guy's an idiot"




We are now on Day - let's see - Day Ten of Blacktop Watch.


For those of you who are new here, let me recap. Last summer, my elderly next-door neighbor had his driveway redone. He asked me if he and his wife could park in my driveway while the work was being done, and I said sure, figuring it would only be a day or two.


Five weeks later, he finally decided that his driveway was "set" enough to park on again. By that point in time I was ready to blacktop HIM.


So imagine my dismay when his wife came over last Tuesday, said they were having their driveway "sealed", and wanted to know if they could park in my driveway. Again.


"Sure", I sighed. "Go ahead".

It's gonna be a long September.



And it's bad enough that he thinks blacktop has to set for weeks, but evidently he also cannot figure out how to apply a registration sticker:






Not sure this dude should be driving.

Oh! But his wife did bring me over a plate of corned beef and cabbage last night. That makes up for a lot.

And! I had to do a mouse! rescue! this morning. I'm wondering if Little Girl's just bringing in the same mouse, over and over.


2 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

Darn them and their food!

rockygrace said...

Damned corned beef.

p.s. We are now on Day 14.