Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Things I could do without right now

1. Rain. There was 1.9" in my rain gauge this morning. We are supposed to get another 1 - 2 " today, and another 2 - 3" tonight. STOP RAINING ALREADY, DAMMIT.

2. Remembrances of 9/11. Call me a curmudgeon, but you know what? I remember that day. Clearly. I'm not going to forget any time soon. I do not need a week's worth of "special programming", rehashing it over and over and over again. Please.

On the bright side, I got a lovely card in the mail from Heather last night. Thanks, Heather. You always know when I need cheering up.

4 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

You're welcome!

Off to my ct scan now........

rockygrace said...

Oh my gosh! Good luck!

~~Silk said...

Agreed on the 9/11 stuff, but any media outlet that didn't would be accused of not caring, of being unpatriotic. They are forced to outdo each other.

(That was the day my late husband gave up and quit fighting, even though the immunotherapy was working. I don't need reminders of that, either.)

Becs said...

Yeah, the 9/11 stuff. I have something to distract me - 8/27 - 9/8. The Big Wave. The Big Turn.

Wishing you a dry place to come home to.