Monday, November 22, 2010

The reasons men grow beards

First off, I've never been a fan of facial hair. Mustaches just look ... too seventies, and it itches when you kiss. I think some guys just don't like to shave, but hell, I've been shaving my legs for thirty-odd years and it hasn't killed me yet. I do think, though, that there are three main reasons a guy grows a beard.

1. He's a total stone-cold fox and grows a scruffy beard to knock you out with his now-foxier-than-ever self.


2. He's getting bald and is desperate to grow hair someplace, ANYPLACE.


3. He's getting fat and is trying to conceal a double chin.




Sadly, it's almost always 2 or 3, and almost never 1.

4 comments:

~~Silk said...

I like a nice soft full beard, hairs at least an inch long, because stubble causes whisker burn. It hurts to walk with whisker burn.

Anonymous said...

I like a good beard frankly. I loathe goatees and mustaches, but I like a scruffy beard. I guess I don't know about the whole kissing thing because I don't think I've ever kissed a bearded man and Rich can't grow one, so I'll have to leave that to my imagination :-)

rockygrace said...

Holy shit, Silk!

And Kate, yeah, hot guys just look hotter with a beard. But meh guys just look worse.

Laura said...

Or he has a weak chin.

And Silk? That's the awesomest thing I've heard this month.