Thursday, November 04, 2010

The new windows are in, and they're specTACular!

Despite a steady rain, the window guys showed up this morning, and I want to tell you, those dudes can MOVE.

Two men took out eight old windows, installed eight new ones, leveled, trimmed, insulated, caulked, and cleaned up, all in a little over two hours.

The exterior sills and frames still have to be wrapped, and then it's all done. Needless to say, I'm not paying the balance of the bill until all work is complete, meaning I'm pretty sure somebody will show up to finish the job.

So, because they were only there for a couple of hours, I decided against feeding and/or tipping. Hope that was okay. Oh, and queen, one of them DID ask to use the bathroom, so at least I know they weren't peeing in the backyard.

Next up: Gutters.

4 comments:

Fish Food said...

Excellent news! Are we getting a photo of your new windows?

Fish Food said...

And oh yes, I don't think I would have fed either when they were there such a short time.

the queen said...

Good! We can't have backyard urination, I say. Of course, pooping in resorts is okay.

rockygrace said...

Fish, I took some pictures when they had the old windows out, which was pretty weird. Just great big holes in the walls.

And queen, I would love to know the story behind "pooping in resorts."