Friday, November 19, 2010

Freaky Friday: Bones

Warning: This post contains pictures of animal bones. If that squicks you out, you're gonna want to skip this one.























Okay! Still here?





This is a deer skull that rests in a wicker chair in the willow tree out back:







In case you're wondering where I get all the bones, well, it's mostly from walking in the woods. Hunters will often drop and field dress a deer, and then just leave the carcass behind. Sometimes coyotes will scatter the kill, but several times I've found entire skeletons, just resting on the ground. I try to always display the bones in a respectful way, just because it seems the right thing to do, although hell, I don't care if somebody makes a xylophone out of my bones after I die; it's not like I'll be using them or anything.





I don't know what the little skull below belongs to:










I put the feather there for scale; the actual skull is about two-and-a-half inches across. Check out those teeth! Chomp.

No comments: