Monday, November 15, 2010

Isn't it ironic, doncha think

On Saturday, my neighbor asked me to help her with her lawnmower, which HAHAHAHAHA talking about the blind leading the blind, there, but as it turns out, she has carpal tunnel syndrome and couldn't get enough leverage on the pull start to get the engine to turn, and seeing as how MY lawn mower takes an average of 462 pulls to get it started, I'm kind of an expert on the ol' pull start, so it all turned out fine.

Although it kind of boggled my mind that she'd be out there mowing in mid-November. I mean, I put my lawn mower up for the year a good three weeks ago, and it would take an act of Congress to get me to haul that thing out of the shed again before next April. My neighbor said that there was just one patch of her lawn that was shaggy, and she wanted to get that finished up, which - well, my lawn's gonna be shaggy till spring, is all.

Oh! But I DID wash the car in the driveway on Saturday. It was sunny and sixty and it probably won't get that warm again until next year, so make hay while the sun shines and all that.

Then! Speaking of making hay, I walked into the living room yesterday to find Little Girl up on the coffee table (NOT allowed), licking jalapeno dip off a plate.

Really, LG? Really? I hope she doesn't have a tummy ache this morning.

3 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

I thought about this posting when I stepped outside yesterday, only to hear my neighbors lawnmower running. Now, they all mowed waaayyyy after we stopped mowing, but after listening for a minute, I decided she was just letting the gas run out of it. But seriously, it would have been no surprise if she *had* been mowing. She also likes to hang her laundry out year-round.

rockygrace said...

She must have some awfully stiff sheets in the dead of winter.

Fish Food said...

I hang my washing out in the winter, as long as it's sunny. It certainly doesn't dry but it smells of fresh air instead of centrally heated house. So much nicer!