Thursday, November 18, 2010

Holy SHIT when the f*ck did that happen?!?!

I was looking at the calendar the other day and noticed that I have a birthday coming up. I'm going to be 48.

Whaaaaaaaaaaa?

How on EARTH can it be that I'm going to be forty-frickin-EIGHT? That's OLD! That's, like, one foot in the grave time, for Christ's sake!

Where did the time go? What have I accomplished? I haven't even been to Hawaii yet!

Holy crap, instant midlife crisis.

I think I've got a new motto: "Life is short. Whoop it up."

Maybe I'll get some t-shirts printed up.

4 comments:

Rob said...

You have a couple of years left. Don't sweat it ... yet.

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday! Strange how the years add up so fast now.

Badass Nature Girl said...

Happy-early-whenever-your-birthday-is!

I was just having this conversation with a girl that I ran into at the store that I graduated high school with. She was telling me her boyfriend is getting ready to celebrate his 40th, and I told her that I can't believe we're not all that far behind that. I don't feel 36 though. Most days I feel 21...today I feel 25.

Don't start digging that grave yet!

rockygrace said...

You know, getting older is like watching "Titanic" - it wouldn't be so bad if you didn't know what happens in the end.