Friday, November 12, 2010

Freaky Friday!

I have some religious medals up on the Giant Wall O' Religion featured in last week's Freaky Friday. This one is interesting:





This thing is only about the size of a quarter and the print is really small, so I took the words that I could read, "Confraternity of the Precious Blood", googled, and voila!

Crazy Catholics. Seriously, if you've got some time, go check out that web site. You can even buy this medal! There's an education in nutso-land, right there.


Look, I'm just saying, if you think that wearing someone else's blood around is going to protect you from harm, you might want to lay off the Twilight books and zombie movies for a while, is all.





Frankly, I'd be a little afraid that Jesus would come after his blood. I mean, how many people are wearing these things? He's gotta be a little light-headed.

Then again, I'm not Catholic, so what do I know?


Oh! If you want to go check out some really cool old pics, head over to Mental Floss, where they're doing a series of them.


And oh my God, you guys, I have found my people. I was flipping through channels last night and happened upon a show called "Oddities" on the Discovery channel. It's all about a shop called Obscura Antiques and Oddities, which is chock full of Freaky Friday. Someday I WILL work in that store. Count on it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget working at someone else's store--start your own! Of course, is it a store where people are going to take your goodies or is it going to be a museum?

rockygrace said...

Oh, man, I could totally see myself selling all kinds of weird crap. The only problem is, there's a lot of little antique stores around here, and it doesn't look like any of them are making any money.

Maybe when I hit the lottery ... :) Oh, wait, you have to actually buy tickets to win, right?