Friday, November 26, 2010

Freaky Friday

Okay, okay, so evidently none of you are too fond of bones, so let's do stuffed animals this week, shall we? You DO like stuffed animals, don't you?


Meet Uneveneye, her baby Uneveneyesewedin, and Rufus:

'
Uneveneye is the kangaroo on the left, so named because, well, her eyes are uneven. And her baby, down there in the pouch, is Uneveneyesewedin, because ... oh boy, keep in mind I was a KID when I named these guys ... her eyes are uneven, and she is sewed into mama's pouch.
My sister Texas spent several years in Australia, and she came back to the states when I was maybe ... ten? Eleven? I don't really remember for sure, but I remember Sis had an Australian accent when she came back. I'd beg her to say, "cup of tea, mate", because it sounded SO COOL with that accent. Heh.
'
Aaaannnd she brought me Uneveneye and Uneveneyesewedin, so how cool is that? They are supposedly made out of real kangaroo skin, which I'm pretty sure is illegal now, but whatever. Bygones.
'
The dog on the right is Rufus. He's got a little wear and tear, but then again, I've had him for forty-four years. My Dad brought him back for me when he went on a business trip when I was four. I've since done a little research and found out that he is a Dakin Dream Pet. He's stuffed with sawdust. I slept with him every night for years and years and years. I used to make him little outfits and play with him like a Barbie. I puked on him the first time I ever got drunk. That dang dog was like a best friend to me.
'
Awww, now I'm getting all sentimental *sniff*. How about you? Any favorite stuffed animals?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always liked the look of stuffed animals, but I never kept any around for very long. After reading your post, I wish I had!

Fish Food said...

I don't have any, but Rach does. She has a Charlie Bear who has been lugged around from place to place her whole life.

She couldn't sleep without him and he sure shows evidence of wear and tear. And a sewn in eye. And a knitted jumper (which I knitted myself).

Oooooo... I have to post about Charlie Bear.

rockygrace said...

Ha, Kate, I kept these two out of about ... ninety billion stuffed things I had as a kid. The rest got the old heave-ho. Although I did have a stuffed skunk I wish I'd kept. He fell (i.e., I accidentally dropped him) into a lock on the St. Lawrence once, and the lockmaster had to fish him out. True story!

And Fish, looking forward to the Charlie Bear post.