Friday, June 11, 2010

Freaky Friday - Lookin' out my front door edition

I looked out my living room window this morning and saw this:





Why did the deer cross the road?






To get to the tasty shrubbery in my neighbor's yard, of course!:



Riddle me this: Why, when DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET from this property is acres and acres and acres of undeveloped, tree-, shrub-, bush- and flower-laden land, do the deer insist on coming into the neighborhood to eat the shrubs? Do they taste THAT MUCH BETTER than the stuff growing wild all over the place?

Is a mystery.


Oh, and the deer COMPLETELY BYPASSED all my plantings on her way to the neighbor's house. Heh.

3 comments:

Badass Nature Girl said...

What a lovely doe! Must be very selective in it's greenery :o) btw, to Native Americans, when a deer has shown up in your life, it means that "it's time to be gentle. That could be with yourself or others. Maybe a new innocence/freshness is about to be awakened/born. A gentle/enticing lure of new adventures. Questions to ask yourself: Are you being too critical and uncaring? Are you or others trying to force something? The deer teaches to show gentle love that will open new doors to adventure." I always find these interesting and no, I totally didn't make that up, lol!

rockygrace said...

Thanks for stopping by, Badass Nature Girl!

Fish Food said...

Lovely!