Friday, April 09, 2010

Freaky Friday - Peter Cottontail edition

Okay, so, the antiques store where I bought Saint Jude has a Table O'Crap right by the cash register, where all the dealers pile the cheap, often broken stuff they can't get rid of. Everything on the table is a dollar.

The dude behind the sales counter was bullshitting with the customer ahead of me and I had to wait to buy Saint Jude, so I turned around to purvey the Table O'Crap, when what did I see but this:







(Note: Not actual antiques-store-Table-O'Crap. This is my own personal Table O'Crap, one of several at my place.)



What in the hell IS this? It's about ten inches tall. It seems to be made out of plaster. It's got rabbit ears and and a rabbit nose, but also wings. It also has a human body, with what looks like six-pack-abs, along with a freakin' belly button, evidence that it was not crafted to look fur-covered as a rabbit would be. Rabbit head; wings; human body. WTH?



Peeps, I don't find this stuff. It finds me.

10 comments:

Rob said...

And you were afraid of Saint Jude?!? Holy crap! That thing is terrifying!

Compound said...

I LOVE your creepy and terrifyingly shy rabbit thingy! How do you sleep with that in the house? I have a rather horrible crocheted smiley clown "Poltergeist" type thingy I will give you for a buck! (With shipping) My granny sent it to me and scared the living hell out of me.

rockygrace said...

Rob, yeah, it is pretty scary.

And Compound, thanks but no thanks. I draw the line at clowns. :)

Unknown said...

I call Compound's horrible crocheted smiley clown and raise her a creepy clown snowdome with the clown giving the finger to everyone. There must be something about grannies and clowns, since this one came from my husband's granny. (Her eyesight was going somewhat and I don't think she knew that the clown was flippin' the bird at her beloved grandson.)

Unknown said...

As for the rabbit, it looks like a mad cross between a French Lop and a Baroque putto (the naked baby with wings that fly around in old Italian paintings). Awesome.

Fish Food said...

Oh God! NO idea what that is! It looks sort of Gothic gargoyle-ish, but more good-natured.

Unknown said...

Late-breaking Freakin' Friday update:

Today on my walk, I saw an evil rabbit birdbath with three devil-lops back to back holding little basins in their hand. What are they trying to do to the birds, scare them to death?

Memory card on the camera was, unfortunately, full by that point...but apparently there was an entire series of creepy lawn bunnies.

Heather said...

That is one freaky rabbit thing.
An angel baby going to a Easter party!

rockygrace said...

Bridgett, did your birdbath rabbits have wings?

Oh, and also, I think it would be awesome if you revived your blog long enough to show us a pic of the snowglobe with the finger-giving clown.

Unknown said...

I haven't completely given up on the blog, but I'm much more active over on Facebook. Join up and friend me (I'm the only one with my name on the whole of the internet, so I'm easy to find).

The evil rabbits were back to back, so it was impossible to tell if they were winged. They sure looked pissed, though.