Monday, January 04, 2010

Pulling a post

This morning, for the first time, I pulled a post.


It was written last March, and it was mostly a movie review, but I also mentioned the name of someone who had treated me shabbily in high school.


This past week, that person found the post.


And I got to thinking, anybody who googled his name could possibly find the post. What if it was someone to whom he had applied for a job? What if it was his minister? What if it was his mom?


The last thing I want to do is cause anybody pain, even if they treated me like a jerk back in the day. Bygones, eh?


And when I went to delete that post, I found another one calling people out by name. I pulled that one too.

RockyCat: Starting the new year fresh!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your consideration. Did I figure out correctly who this is ?

If so, It's too bad you feel I treated you badly. Looking at the old yearbooks trying to figure out who you are, I only remember an upperclassman(is "upperclassperson" more PC ?) with an upbeat attitude and a warm smile.

Anonymous said...

I too pulled a post about someone. Actually, I think I just changed it without deleting it. Her son/daughter found it. Then again, I had another post in which I called someone out for being nasty, and I left that one be right up until I deleted the whole blog. I suppose the solution is to air our grievances without divulging names. It should be our freedom to say what we want, but it doesn't help anybody to cause others potential harm.

rockygrace said...

Anonymous, I do not think I am who you think I am .....

And Domestic Kate (glad to see you again!), I think you're right - no naming names. I mean, it's not like I make a regular practice of calling people out, but still ....

Anonymous said...

Oh well, I thought I had figured it out. Even so, I'm sorry that I did something that made such a lasting negative memory for you.

Fish Food said...

No nameing names is definitely the best policy. I've found that out the hard way!

rockygrace said...

Yeah, Fish Food, you're the resident expert on this kind of thing!