Monday, January 11, 2010

An exercise in futility

I have a suet feeder hanging outside the kitchen window. It's up high enough so that the cats can't jump up to it from the ground outside, so The Runt's decided on a new tactic:





It cracks me up that he completely ignores the stuffed parrot toy hanging from the ceiling. He's all, like, you can't fool ME with that fake shit. Ima after the real thing.


Sorry, Runtski, the window's closed.





And the funny thing is, the birds have evidently figured out that he can't get to them, because they just hang out on the feeder (see woodpecker in these photos), watching him scrabble against the glass and figuratively flipping him off. (They're giving him the bird! Hah! (sorry.))


I'll bet that The Runt's fondest wish is to sprout wings so he could get those damn birds.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your kitchen!

rockygrace said...

Thanks, Bridgett! I think it was built for giants - the cabinets go all the way up to the ceiling, which means I'm standing on a chair a lot of the time.