Sunday, January 03, 2010

Number nine, Number nine ......

Number of cigarettes I would have smoked between April 3 and today, had I not quit on that date: 8,100.


Amount of money saved: $1,444.50.


The other night I was pulling out of the parking lot at work and I reflexively reached over to grab my purse and make sure I had my cigarettes.


Old habits die hard. Really, really hard. And at this point, it's getting a little bit ridonkulous. I mean, come on, it's nine months later, and I still can't get smoking out of my brain. Sheeeesh.



*sigh*



Soldiering on .......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My mom just had cataract surgery and as part of the procedure, they corrected her vision. She just cannot stop putting her glasses on, even though she no longer needs them. She keeps saying "well, these damn things don't work," reaching for them even though she can read newsprint perfectly fine without them.

If it's any consolation, I'm still hitting the kitchen wall where the push-in light switch used to be...in my childhood home. (Yeah. Habits.)

However, congratulations on the non-smoking.

rockygrace said...

For the longest time after I got my first PC, I kept reaching up for the carriage return when I'd get to the end of a line. Jeezus, I'm old!