Monday, June 23, 2008

What am I, the freaking MAID???

....... that's what I was mumbling to myself yesterday morning, as the kittens frolicked around me while I scrubbed their poop off the carpet. They need to acquire some mad litterbox skillz, STAT!

Oh, and the worker from the first shelter called me on Saturday to see if I could foster, and I had to break the news that since she hadn't gotten back to me after I fostered Momma and Baby, I had gone on the active list for the second shelter and was now doing a foster for them. She was very nice about it, but I still felt awful. Because I am two-timing the local shelters. In all fairness, I actually signed up for shelter #2 first, and when they didn't have a foster assignment for me, I signed up for shelter #1 (are you confused yet?) and did my first foster for them. I am an equal-opportunity two-timer.

In other news, Baby is now a celebrity. She was featured on an adoption segment on the local news last Wednesday. Unfortunately, she is STILL at the adoption center. They had a lot of calls about her, but no one met the adoption criteria. One family wanted to declaw her (NO - the shelter feels as strongly about this as I do), another woman did not drive and would not be able to take Baby to the vet, etc., etc.

So I went to visit Baby at the adoption center yesterday, and we had a high old time. It's just a shame that she hasn't found a new home yet.

Momma has been spayed (thank GOD - she wasn't fun to be around when she was in heat, to put it mildly) and is at the shelter waiting for adoption.

You know, it makes me feel bad that these guys haven't been adopted yet, and that they have to wait in cages for new homes after spending two months with me. But at least they got two months away from the shelter in a home environment. I'm just sort of conflicted about the whole thing right now. I mean, I really think I'm helping these mommas and kittens out; it's just hard when they have to go back. Sigh.

No comments: